The IoT America Sales Engineer is a subject matter expert for IoT technology as utilized in the agricultural and rural markets. The SE is the key technical and sales interface between Customers, IoT America Field Sales and Support Team, Solution Partners, and Channel Partners. The ideal candidate has knowledge in both OT (Operational Technology) as well as IT (Information Technology) to provide a solution-based selling approach to customers.
- Responsible for the development and configuration of product and solution demonstrations, proofs-of-concept, and technical support
- Engage with related sales teams and partners for business development purposes and pre-sales support
Provide technical application and sales assistance within an assigned territory to direct personnel, representatives, channel partners, and customers
- Fully utilize CRM tools to enhance productivity and document the sales process
Provide technical training as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related technical field
- Must have 3+ years’ experience in sales engineering and have successfully deployed IoT solutions that may include multiple edge sensors, gateways, database transports, web applications, mobile applications, and data transports to other web services (AWS, Azure, etc.) using APIs; Experience with IoT communication protocols such as REST, SOAP, MQTT, or LWM2M is a plus
- Must have a strong combination of architecture, hands-on programming and integrator experience
- Must have working understanding and experience of wireless networks such as 4G LTE, NB-IOT, LTE Cat-1, LTE Cat-M1, WiFi, and GPS; Experience with LoRa and LoRaWAN is a plus
- Experience in the agriculture industry is a plus
- Excellent collaboration and communications skills
- Strong presentation skills in a sales environment • Able to manage own schedule and be accountable for deliverables in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Able to perform multiple roles on small teams, including customer technical presentation, interaction, and support • Must have initiative, be a self-starter, and have a desire to learn new customer requirements, technologies, and platforms/tools • Ability to travel 60-70% within assigned territory
- Location negotiable within proximity of a major airport
This position is located in our Chicago area office.